It’s National Ice Cream Month, So Here’s How to Infuse it With Weed
When you see or hear the word “ice cream,” do you also imagine the infamous ice cream truck jingle and call of “ice cream, ice cream, we’ve got some cannabis ice cream!”
It’s National Ice Cream Month, and weed-infused ice cream is the cannabis edible you didn’t know you needed—until now.
Here’s the best recipe for cannabis-infused ice cream to cool you down on those hot summer days, the best ice cream strains you can use, and quick no-equipment options to get your marijuana ice cream fix now.
The Best Cannabis Ice Cream Recipe to Cool You Down
As with most infused edibles, you should start by decarbing your cannabis. Once you have a suitably decarbed cannabis source, such as flowers or leaves, you can proceed to make cannabis-infused ice cream (adapted from Emily Kyle).
Weed-Infused Choc Chip Ice Cream Recipe
[caption id="attachment_9983" align="alignright" width="544"] One sure fire way to please all your friends is with a scoop of cannabis infused ice cream[/caption]
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus decarbing
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 5
- Equipment: Ice cream maker
- ½ cup of full-fat milk
- ⅜ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Decarbed cannabis (quantity depends on how strong you want the kick to be)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup crushed dark or milk chocolate
Part 1: Prepare the cannabis-infused heavy cream
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream to a simmer.
- Add the decarboxylated (decarbed) cannabis flowers and let the mixture infuse for 20 minutes.
- Straining the cooled cream is optional if you wish to remove the plant fibers.
Part 2: Make the weed ice cream
- Using a 16-ounce mason jar, add the milk, sugar, and salt.
- Shake to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract and cannabis-infused heavy cream to the mason jar and shake to mix well.
- Refrigerate the mason jar with the cannabis milk contents for two hours.
- Prepare the ice cream-making machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour the milk mix into the ice cream maker’s chamber (following the machine’s operation procedures).
- Let the ice cream maker work its magic for 15-20 minutes until the mixture thickens to a soft-serve consistency.
- Add the chocolate crush during the last two to three minutes of the 20-minute cycle.
- Scoop the ice cream into a one-quart ice cream container that is freezer-proof.
- Place in the freezer for two hours to firm up before serving.
You can also infuse the granulated sugar, milk, or chocolate with the weed instead of the heavy cream.
The Best Ice Cream Strain for Your Weed Ice Cream
The best strains to use for your marijuana ice cream edible are:
Ember Valley has indica and hybrid strains you can use. The indica strain has an earthy and sweet aroma, while the hybrid has a sharp, citrusy flavor that’s ideal for helping you cope with stress.
The chocolate cherry cheesecake flavor of the sativa strain offers an ideal partner to the crushed chocolate.
Choose their mother’s milk sativa blend for a smooth high.
5 Quick Cannabis-Infused Ice Cream Options (No Special Equipment Needed!)
If you need weed ice cream now, here are some quick options. Best of all, you don’t need any special equipment since you can add the following to store-bought ice cream:
1. Terra Bites by KIVA
Add the Sea Salt Caramel Milk Chocolate Terra Bites by KIVA to your ice cream for a sweet, buttery caramel flavor.
2. Dime Bag’s Live Resin Sugar Banjo
For adding that special touch to store-bought ice cream, melt half a cup of sugar in a saucepan. Sprinkle Dime Bag’s Live Resin Sugar (Banjo) into the melted sugar, and thicken by cooking the mixture until a reduced caramel syrup is achieved.
3. Punch Edibles Cookies
Why not crush some of the Punch Edibles cookies, and experience the cookie goodness with your ice cream? All three flavors — strawberry white chocolate, milk chocolate caramel, and dark chocolate mint — are perfect additions to vanilla ice cream.
4. Chocolate Brownies-Infused Ice Cream
Choosing a great chocolate brownie recipe to drizzle with some cannabis infusion makes for a great accompaniment to your store-bought vanilla or coconut ice cream.
5. KIVA Mints
For a quick cannabis-infused ice cream fix and cool, refreshing taste, crush some KIVA Petra Moroccan Mint Mints to store-bought vanilla, chocolate, or mint chocolate chip ice cream.
A Summer Time Treat: Weed Ice Cream
Why not create yummy cannabis-infused ice cream when you hang with your friends over Sunday lunch? Choose between the quick and user-friendly option of using store-bought ice cream with weed brownies and making your own ice cream with cannabis infused-heavy cream, milk, or chocolate.
Weed is a great after-dinner complement, and it simply makes sense to add your favorite high to your favorite dessert.